Wednesday, February 8, 2012

News of the Weird

Okay, I'm not one to poke fun at my fellow Kentuckians. I love the Big Blue Nation and all the crazy characters throughout our great commonwealth. And, I certainly don't want to contribute to any negative stereotypes about Kentucky. But, I just had share this story that appeared on the local news yesterday. There are so many aspects to this story that made me laugh out loud and shake my head.

Folks, you can't make this stuff up.

LETCHER COUNTY, KY (WAVE) - A naked man was arrested inside an eastern Kentucky supermarket after police found him covered in peanut butter and chocolate.

It happened January 31 at a Food World IGA in Letcher County, KY, which borders Virginia.

According to a court citation, 22-year-old Andrew Toothman was wearing only a pair of black boots.

Troopers said the store's front door was broken and that several fire extinguishers had been discharged.

Toothman appeared to be contrite. Investigators said he spelled the word "sorry" on the floor with Nyquil.

Toothman admitted breaking into the store. He was charged with burglary, criminal mischief and indecent exposure.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Ah, my Dad is a proud native of Letcher County! I'm sure he's so proud.

sweetpea said...

Oh my! Makes Tennessee not look so bad! Ha! That is hilarious!

Main Line Sportsman said...

The clue to this story and the bizarre behaviour can be found in the Nyquil....

highheeledlife said...

LOL... wow ... you are right .. no one would come with this. wonder what he was thinking? ... Thanks for the chuckle I needed one.. it was a long day! xo HHL

Glitterista said...

I heard this on the radio this morning and I couldn't stop smiling all morning after such a funny and bizarre story!

Princess Freckles said...

WOW! That's too funny! I'm glad he didn't hurt anyone, but he doesn't sound violent. In Detroit, we rarely get funny stories like this one, so i appreciate you sharing a good laugh!