Monday, August 22, 2011

Fashion Recycled

While I’m holding on tight to the last precious days of summer, because I know how miserable the winter can be, I have to say I am looking forward to a fall wardrobe.

Anyone receive the latest Talbot’s catalog or Brooks Brothers?

I am LOVING this blanket coat from Talbot's. Oh-so-fabulous.
This gray cape from Brooks Brothers is amazing - must have this for fall.
 
And I'll take this poncho, also from B.B. I'd probably sport a pair of boots or some great leopard-print ballet flats with it. Oh, the fabulouss-ness of it (yes, I declare that a word.)
 
Last week, I read some criticism in the blogosphere about Brooks Brothers' Campus collection and it's attempt to reintroduce preppy 80s styles to the youth of today, but at exhorbitant prices. On that front, I have to agree. A bit much for some of these items. And I had to giggle a bit when I saw the many rugby shirts, tennis sweaters and down vests.
 
Seriously, I rocked this look (except for the gorgeous brunette locks) in 1992 or '93. Everything old is new again.
 
So, what looks are you craving for fall? Seen any other trends recycled of late?
Images from Talbots and Brooks Brothers

6 comments:

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

Good old fashioned penny loafers. They go in and out every few years (although they are always in to me)and this year you can find a ton of them, which thrills me. I've already purchased a pair of black patent leather ones just waiting for fall weather. J Crew used to offer one every year for a while and I'd always buy them but then they stopped for a while. I also have a pair of red Cole Haan ones and I'm eyeing a pair at Anthro of all places...they are worn and redish and super casual.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that poncho - I'm sure it's not in my budget, though.

Danielle said...

I feel like there really is no such thing as a new fashion trend. There are no original ideas anymore, just revised old ones.

I do love that first jacket though!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Love that BB grey jacket/cape!

I am on the lookout for a new cashmere cardigan...and another crisp white shirt that I can wear with many strands of pearls.
Oh an some new black flats, maybe loafers, which I have seen have come back in fashion.

What is old is new again.

Renée Finberg said...

12 months a year i crave the look.
but 12 months of the year i am sweating.....
if only....i could finally dress!!!

Princess Freckles said...

I'm loving the beige pncho as well! Darling!

Personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Karl Lagerfeld for Macy's collection in person. Some of the pieces look so beautiful!

Jessica Ryan said...

I think I rocked that look in the late 80s! Love everything Talbot's these days... never used to be the case!