Friday, June 17, 2011

Shoe Therapy

How cute are these sandals from Chinese Laundry? I saw them in the latest issue of Real Simple magazine and I’m trying to justify a reason for buying them, even though my flip flop/sandal basket is overflowing. A need? No. A want? Hell to the yes.

Seriously, shopping for shoes is good therapy, don’t you think? Unless you're in debt up to your eyeballs, then you need a different kind of therapy altogether.

What’s on your agenda this weekend, my friends? Hope it includes rest and relaxation – we all deserve that, don’t we? If you’re a swim team or baseball parent, I feel for ya. I’m sure you’ll be hanging by the pool or ball field for most of Saturday or Sunday. Our kids aren’t there yet; not sure if they’ll be competitive swimmers or not. Lessons begin next week, so we’ll see how much they’re able to absorb this summer.

Our sweet niece – who is also our goddaughter - is being baptized this weekend, so we’ll be celebrating that milestone with our family. And, Hubby returned from California this morning safe and sound, so I’m no longer single-parenting it, and I get to hug on him when I see him this evening. Yeah!

Happy Weekend, all!

9 comments:

highheeledlife said...

Hi there, I've been a little behind on my blog visiting.. so I'm trying to catch up with reading ~ what fabulous posts I have missed love your Cinda B. bag!! and that bubble truck what fun for little ones and adults alike!!

Yes, shoe shopping is definitely therapy!! I hope you get those, they are so cute!! This week-end I'm hoping to catch up on writing for my book and just relaxing in the garden... wishing you a fabulous week-end XO HHL

Teresa Hatfield said...

Love! Just perfect.
Teresa
xoxo

Ella said...

I also need some new shoes for the summer and next week I will do some shopping. Have had much to to last week (funny things!) both home and at work but I think a relaxing weekend will be perfect. Well, we start Saturday with a soccer match for the youngest.

Have a great weekend you too!

Tote said...

I love shoe shopping! Especially flip flops & Sandles. They don't seem to be as expensive as winter shoes.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and your little ones deliver Fathers Day kisses to their Daddy!

Susan

bevy said...

I am obsessed with summer shoes... Especially my Jacks! Makes me think I am in need of another pair. Hmmmmm... ;)

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

Great minds indeed. I actually need shoes but of course I bought some for Stella instead today.

I say you need those!

Have a great weekend! xo

Metropolitan Mum said...

They are gorgeous!!
I have to stop buying summer clothes now. I am only buying them for our vacation anyway - the weather in London is, again, ridiculous. I have been wearing boots for the last week. And a light jumper plus jacket and scarf. it's mid June for chrissake!!!

Sorry for the rant :)

red ticking said...

darling...i was online looking today (and just purchased 2 pair the other day) meanwhile it rains everyday... and i keep wearing them... with my down jacket but who cares right??? he he

Blog_Commenting_Service said...

Hey great stuff, thank you for sharing this useful information and i will let know my friends as well.
vanity table