In case you’re already planning ahead for late summer activities (yeah, I know, it’s hard to plan beyond tomorrow, isn’t it?) and if you happen to be close to Bluegrass country at that time, you may want to attend Bourbon Under the Stars.
Tickets to the event, as well as overnight accommodations at one of my favorite boutique hotels, the Gratz Park Inn, are now available on the Rue La La retail site for a limited time, at a discount.
The event includes (details courtesy of Rue La La):
• Two tickets to Bourbon Under the Stars on Saturday, September 10, 2011. The event, held at the L.V. Harkness rooftop garden in downtown Lexington, includes Bourbon cocktails, heavy hors d’oeuvres, and music. Alcohol will not be served to participants under the age of 21.
• Two nights in a room at the Gratz Park Inn. Offer is valid for two guests only, September 9 through September 11, 2011.
• A one-year subscription to The Bourbon Review. The magazine is dedicated to all things bourbon – from the perfect cocktail, to bourbon-influenced recipes, to finding the best of the best in Bourbon Country. Your subscription will be sent to the shipping address on your Rue La La account.
• A book signing by Jon Carloftis, award-winning author and Kentucky native, at the event.
• Two welcome gift baskets. Your gifts will be awaiting you at the event, and include local items such as mini bourbon samples, local food, and other special treats.
• Taxes are included.
This is a perfect function for lovers of gardening (Jon Carloftis is the king of landscaping and garden design), bourbon and luxury goods. L.V. Harkness has a gorgeous array of place settings, stemware, equine art and gifts, among many other bright, shiny things.
I’m dying to see their rooftop garden, designed by Jon Carloftis, where the event is taking place.
Seriously, ladies, who wouldn't want to sip bourbon and listen to this man talk about landscaping? I'm not sure if he plays for our team, but gosh darn it, he's pretty.
And, if you are a Bourbon connoisseur, be sure to check out The Bourbon Review, founded by four Kentucky boys. We subscribe and it’s a great publication.
And, friends, thank you for the wonderful ideas for books, music and other items to take on vacation. I can always count on you guys to recommend the best of the best!
Images from girlmeetsfood.com, vanblogspot, L.V. Harkness, Gratz Park Inn, hautemommastuff.com and Rue La La.