Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My VP Debate Connection

Tomorrow night is the vice presidential debate. There will be a hyper-focus on this event, perhaps more so than other VP debates, because of the two men participating: Biden and Ryan. And given that Obama was considered to have lost the first presidential debate,  Biden's task is to be the attack dog. So, many will be closely watching his performance against Ryan. Who, while young, is a very smart guy. Should be quite the show.

I have more than a casual interst in this debate because Hubby is doing some freelance marketing/PR work for it. A colleague who has his own marketing/ad firm was hired by Centre College, the school hosting the debate and Hubby's alma mater, to handle media relations for the event. So, he engaged Hubby to assist. He'll be in the "spin room" with the journalists directly after the debate. I bet that'll be the most frenetic place in the country at that moment.


Hubby sent me the above photo from campus. The MSNBC camp is raring to go.


Even Abe Lincoln has his credentials for the event. Although, I understand he won't be going anywhere near the theatre.

Will you be watching the VP debate on 9, 10, 11, 12? (9 p.m., Oct. 11, 2012)

Images property of JMW A Place to Dwell blog

7 comments:

Main Line Sportsman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Main Line Sportsman said...

Biden lacks candle power...Ryan will shred him. It will then be amusing watching rachel Maddow have a near stroke trying to spin the thing...

Tish Jett said...

Good for you. You managed to write a great post and not give away your political leanings.

Bravo. Sometimes I so want to take a stand, but never will in this venue.

How I wish I could see the debate in France. I'll only be able to read about it the next morning.

pve design said...

Yes, I will be watching and I look forward to a passionate debate. I care so much for our country and for the future of it too. I cannot wait to see the debate and I loved hearing about your connection.
pve

JMW said...

MLS, you're comment made me laugh out loud! :)

Jo said...

We will be tunning in this evening ~ sure to be interesting and entertaining!

Jo

LPC said...

Hope this was fun and exciting for you!