Friday, December 14, 2012

The Events of the Day


I started my morning off with this sweet elf and his kindergarten friends as they entertained us with a variety of holidays songs.

When I returned to my office with a warm heart after several hugs and kisses from my little man - and his older sister who was allowed to leave class and attend the show - I was hit with the horrible news about the elementary school in Connecticut. Words fail me in describing this kind of madness. Why? Why take the lives of so many innocent children? My stomach turns every time I think of it.

I will go home this evening, hug my kids and hold them for a long while, as I'm sure will many other parents near and far. We will pray for the lives lost, for those who were injured and for the families of the victims.

Image property of JMW A Place to Dwell Blog

9 comments:

Main Line Sportsman said...

Beyond comprehension...hug those kids tight!

Danielle said...

There are no words to explain that kind of lunacy! It is absolutely heart-wrenching to think of those poor innocent children and their parents who are left to deal with the madness. My stomach is in knots thinking about those involved and just trying to put myself in their shoes. So sad!

Karena said...

It is all so so horrific. Angels are crying along with us. We must take further steps to protect our schools.

xoxo
Karena
2012 Artists Series

Jo said...

Horrific! My heart goes out to the families and the school staff.

Jo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ella said...

We can never give enough of hugs, especially when there happens such tragical and sad things around us.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Satya Singh said...

Very nice i like it keep postiong....



Victory Ace