Monday, April 8, 2013

Cheers to a Colorful Life

"That's what life is all about: Let's have a party. Let's have it tonight."
-- Lilly Pulitzer


Yesterday the fashion world lost an icon with the passing of Lilly Pulitzer Rousseau. I'm sure the flags are flying at half-mast at the headquarters in Pennsylvania, also known as the "Pink Palace," as well as in Lilly's hometown of Palm Beach.


Many of us in Blogland are Lilly devotees. You know I am just in looking at my blog banner! With the design of a basic shift dress in a bright floral pattern, she managed to create a style that's become synonymous with summer casual chic. When someone says, "Just wear your Lilly," you know exactly the dress code.

In honor of Lilly, let's break out the bright colors over the next several days and salute one of our favorite style icons. We should all live with that much color in our lives!

Image from International Business Times

1 comment:

sweetpea said...

wore my skirt yesterday in her honor! I grew up wearing her skirts and pants and dresses...and now I love my girls to have a piece each spring...just created such a wonderful style! I'm sure many are sporting their bright lilly colors this week!