Monday, January 19, 2009

Snowy Day

I took a day off from work today, since the kids' daycare is closed for the MLK holiday. It snowed last night as well, so the kiddos and I may get outside to throw some snow balls around and maybe try out the sleds they got for Christmas. Of course, I'd much rather sit by the fire and watch the snow from indoors. But, given this is the first major snow of the season, the kids need to get out and enjoy it for a while. We'll also have to get King, our dog, outside for some fun in the snow.

Thanks to those who recommended some good books now that I've finished "Beach Music" by Pat Conroy. After meeting with some girlfriends for lunch yesterday, I stopped by the bookstore on the way home. I purchased "Engleby" by Sebastian Faulks and "The Water is Wide" by Conroy (guess I'm on a Conroy kick). I started "Engleby" last night, which is set at a university in England. I'll keep you posted on whether or not you should add it to your must-read list.

No comments: