Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Side Dish


The other night, Hubby and I went to dinner at a Cuban restaurant for a delicious meal. One of the dishes I had I definitely want to try at home: baby peppers stuffed with goat cheese.

No, this is not likely a low-fat dish. And, I might have well just applied the cheese directly to my thighs, because that’s where it’s going anyway. But, you have to indulge a little every now and then. I kept telling myself I’m eating vegetables – peppers on a bed of greens – so that’s good for me, right?

So, if you’re looking for a summer side dish that’s colorful and oh-so-tasty, try the stuffed baby peppers.

Organic Baby Peppers Stuffed with Fresh Herbed Goat Cheese

Serves 4

Ingredients:
1 package baby bell peppers
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
11 oz of fresh goat cheese
3-4 tablespoons of fresh chopped herbs - marjoram, basil, chives
Balsamic glaze

Preheat oven to 450°

With a small pairing knife make a small slit or incision down the middle of the peppers. Wash and clean peppers inside and out, removing any seeds.

Mix fresh goat cheese, herbs and salt and pepper to taste, in a small bowl until combined.

Stuff each pepper with goat cheese. Drizzle peppers with olive oil. Roast in oven about 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and peppers are soft. Remove from oven and lightly drizzle balsamic glaze over each pepper (you do not need to use a lot of balsamic glaze as it is an intense flavor).

Serve warm.
Image and recipe courtesy of www.organicauthority.com

6 comments:

Gabi said...

Ooh, that looks delish! We LOVE goat cheese around here..
Funny that your hubby is also June 10th, my hubby is June 8th! Someone once told us we are the best four people he's met (lol). Thanks for stopping by!

Under this Umbrella said...

This looks absolutely fantastic. I just got some goat cheese yesterday at a farmer's market and my family LOVES those baby peppers. The bags of them at Costco are always good. Thanks for sharing!

Have a great day!

Amanda Profumo said...

Yummy! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

Jessica Ryan said...

hopping over from Tickled Pimk Talk... this recipe looks fabulous! I am definitely going to "steal" it if that's OK... I too just celebrated my Birthday on the first. I'm hosting a giveaway... Beth Dunn's Book Social Climbers... put your name in the hat. The winner is picked on Monday. Would make a lovely Birthday gift!

Cheers!

Pug1 said...

Sounds yummy! CHEERS! Michele

Unknown said...

Yum- that looks amazing! -e