Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hummingbird Festival


Remember summer days as a kid when you didn't have a care in the world and it was all about frolicking and having fun? I think about that when I look at this photo of my kids and nephew.

We had a great visit with my sister-in-law and her boys last weekend. On Saturday, we took a jaunt out to Oldham County to do a walk-thru at Yew Dell Gardens (that's where this photo was taken), in preparation for this coming Saturday's Hummingbird Festival.

As I've mentioned before, my husband invented an eco-friendly hummingbird feeder and he, along with his sister and father, created a side business in selling these feeders. On Aug. 29, Yew Dell will host it's second annual hummer fest, and our feeder company is a sponsor. So, if you're in the area, come out and join us!

2 comments:

Kalee said...

What a cool thing to invent! That is fantastic.

Amanda Profumo said...

Fist off, LOVE that photo! It's wonderful!
Lastly, we are really enjoying our hummingbird feeder we got from Dr. JB! We have seen several hummingbirds this past week and the kids get a huge thrill out of watching for them! Thanks for the tips too!