Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Post-Holiday, Pre-Vacation

Did you have a nice holiday weekend?

We spent time at the pool, grilling outdoors and catching up with my sister-in-law who was visiting from Charlotte, N.C. She's such a sweetie and arrived bearing gifts, including an early birthday present for moi, the Lilly "Later Alligator" watch set.


Thank you, A. It's perfect! In fact, I'm wearing it yet again today and have already changed out the band for the second one that came with it.

Well, my wish came true for less rain and more sun. Not only has the sun made an extended appearance, but it's been in the mid-90s in these parts. Our time at the pool over the last few days was well spent.

So, Memorial Day has passed and we're into the official summer season, which means Hubby, the kids and I are about to start our vacation. Can't wait! Hubby asked me last night if I was ready. Ready, yes. Prepared? No. I have my OCD list ready and will check and double-check throughout the week.

Any suggestions on must-have items for summer and vacation? Fashion, accessories, books? Do share, would love to hear!

P.S. - Thanks again to those who helped troubleshoot the issue I was having with Blogger - Miss Flo, you're a gem! When you use a free service, I guess you're at the mercy of it. May have to look into a different service at some point, if these types of issues continue to arise. We'll see.
Image from brookemcc.tumblr.com

11 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

A book suggestion...
Wait for Me by the Duchess of Devonshire
her memoirs, a delightful read.

Don't forget your sunglasses a hat and some serious sunscreen!

Bon voyage!

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

Wishing you a wonderful "holiday"! Take me with you! xo

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love your new watch! Have a great vacation! Games like Apples to Apples, Catch Phrase, and Mexican Trains are great for a rainy day during vacation!

About Last Weekend said...

How lucky - what a great watch! i ahve just bougth a paid of rope wedges with a metallic strap, have worn them loads already. And love the Vince thin sweaters in cream and grey - though one of the open weave ones pulls really badly...

Town and Country House said...

I loved reading The Big House while I was at the beach a few years ago. It is the memoir of a family's beach house near Cape Cod, I believe. Also, a Frisbee and a kite are great to have and a little container for bringing home special shells. Have fun!

Glitterista said...

Happy early birthday! Love the Lilly watches, one has been on my wish list for awhile. :)

pve design said...

I think taking less and just enjoying time with one another is what it is all about. So- no stress - just relax!
Hope the candles arrived to you! Let me know-
pve

preppyplayer said...

Do have a lovely holiday :)
As for my suggestions- tennis racquet, good book, ipad, case of good wine, my husband and my children are all I need! Good food too!

Ella said...

If you have some relaxing time, listen to the voice of Norah Jones. Wishing you the kind holiday you long for!

Tessa said...

you got lucky in the sister in law department!! have a terrific vacation!! jcrew has super cute swimsuits in case you are still looking!

xo, Tessa

bevy said...

I'm now reading Heaven is for Real. Can't put it down!!! Hove fun on your vaca!