Thursday, November 15, 2012

Trying to wrap my head around this one...


Okay, I really shouldn't go here, but this story is so convoluted and bizarre, that I just have to comment on it. It's the train wreck that keeps wrecking and wrecking. I can't stop shaking my head over this one.

So, if you're having trouble keeping up with this hot mess, the flow chart above may help. The main story now is that Gen. Patraeus will testify in front a House committee tomorrow about the attacks in Benghazi that resulted in the death of Ambassdor Christopher Stevens and three other Americans. Patreaus contends that his resignation from the CIA over a sex scandal had nothing to do with his upcoming testimony over the Benghazi attacks. Uh, huh.

As easy as it would be to go political on this, I'm pulling out the soap box to discuss another aspect: the utter stupidity of people who conduct these affairs and communicate via email, thinking they won't be discovered. Hello?? In this case, the man is the HEAD OF THE CIA. The CIA has a knack for discovering classified information, don't ya know. I bet they can crack that secret Gmail account code. Well, the FBI certainly did.

It never ceases to amaze me the arrogance surrounding this and other such scandals: "I'm above it all. I'm untouchable. I will get away with this because I'm a powerful person."

Ugh, what a mess. Have you been following this crazy story? What are your thoughts?

Image from gawker.com

3 comments:

Main Line Sportsman said...

Tawdry....just tawdry. I was particularly amused by the serious financial troubles of the FLA "socialites" who are just pathetic.

AEOT said...

I don't get it. Not one bit. First of all the mistresses arms are scary skinny and robotic looking. Yuck. Second of all, your wonderful wife of a gazillion years has moved 16 (!!!!!) times for you and your career and you pay her back by having an affair AND GETTING CAUGHT????? So that every single person in America knows about it? Jerkwad.

I do not think that it's any of my business that he had an affair. I just don't get why we Americans feel it is our "right" to know what our political leaders are doing behind closed doors as I doubt it influences their ability to do their job; HOWEVER, I do feel horribly for his wife and children who have to go through this publicly now. I also think that if a married man approaches you, YOU SAY NO!!!! Or the other way around. Keep it in your pants, people!

Stepping off the soapbox now. Thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.