Thursday, January 7, 2010

Strap on the Snow Claws


Since "Snow-mageddon" it's taking place this morning (seriously, people, learn how to deal with this weather - it's crazy on the roads!), thought I'd feature a cold climate accessory for the munchkins in your life.

How cute are these kids’ snow shoes from Redfeather? They’re called “Snow Claws” and are perfect for the little ones who want to make a special mark in the snow. These would probably be more popular in areas where snow is a more frequent occurrence; not sure my kids would get enough use out of them. But given that the white stuff is coming down pretty hard today, I would bet my kids would love strapping on a pair of Snow Claws and running through the wintery drifts.

Mommy, on the other hand, would rather watch the kids run around from afar, preferably from the comfort of a warm spot by the fire, hot toddy in hand. Have I mentioned that I don’t like the cold? Yeah, thought so. :)
Photo courtesy of Redfeather.com

15 comments:

pve design said...

I had to join them and it has made a huge impact on our lives - I now brave the cold and am not as fear full as before. Try it! Bundle up!!
pve

QueenBeeSwain said...

those are darling and such a fun take on kid's snowshoes!

xoox

kHm

teresa-bug said...

'They' say both KU and UK will be in the final four. May the best team win! : )

Unknown said...

I *love* those shoes!!!

You're right, though, that here in the south the children just wouldn't get enough snow time in them. Mud, however, if you're brave enough...ha!

James said...

I agree wholeheartedly with your philosophy. it is life little things we should celebrate.

Metropolitan Mum said...

I think I need those claws. The council round her decided to grit the pavements very sporadically. I.e. every 10 metres or so, they empty a complete bucket of salt on one spot. It looks like vomit and does not help. At all. Unless your legs are 10 metres long and you mange to jump form one vomit spot to the next. Bloody useless!

Summer is a Verb said...

I'm with you by the fire. Two days in a row leavingt he house in gym shorts and I've about had my fill. Christmas is over, bring on spring...XXOO

Southern Aspirations said...

those are so cute!@ Called for snow here (Atlanta) but we had just a light dusting. Not a fan of the cold either...

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

My neice would love those..only thing is..no snow...bummer...

they look like great fun....

more later, friend
love,
kary
xxx

Ms. M said...

Oh my goodness, those shoes are ADORABLE!

annechovie said...

These are cute! I don't care for the cold, either - makes my bones ache.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Adorable!

Queen "B" said...

Aloha,
just dropped by to visit and I enjoyed your Blog, Thank You and I will be by again
Aloha
Brandi

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Henley on the Horn said...

Now that is CUTE. I wish we could see some snow!