Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We're Large and In Charge


Just had to give a shout-out to my Kentucky Wildcats who are
17-0 this season. They beat Florida in Gainesville last night. Woo hoo! This team is amazing and such fun to watch.

Hubby and I have tickets to the UK/Vandy game on Jan. 30 and I can't wait! Basketball in Rupp Arena is a religious experience, to say the least. So, looking forward to our get-away to Lexington. I'll be decked out in blue, screaming my lungs out (Ashely Judd has nothin' on this Kentucky girl. Yeah, I'm tired of seeing her on TV at the games, too.)
Image courtesy of the Herald-Leader

9 comments:

Under this Umbrella said...

Being large and in charge has never sounded so good.

Go Kentucky!

Emily said...

Woohoo! Gooooo Kentucky! SO lucky, I'v enever been to a baseball game, not even to see the Celtics when I was living in Bostin for 4 years!

LPC said...

We'll watch for you.

Ashlyn Stallings said...

Yay! Congrats!

And I hope you have fun on your trip! By the way, the editor of Southern Living is a huge KY basketball fan... she loooves it like I love my Auburn Tiger football!

kristy said...

Ofcourse you know I am excited about win number 17! It was a great game (can't say I was awake for all of it though!) Have fun at the UK/Vandy game! Go Blue!

bevy said...

Go SEC!!! That's because I'm a Gamecock at heart...

Leelee said...

my husband did his Residency at UK...we were transformed into basketball fans...There is nothing like watching the Wildcats rock Rupp Arena!!! I really miss living in Lexington this time of year!!

teresa-bug said...

Congratulations to your team. I am forewarning you though...it is hard to be #1! {and so easy to lose it...darn it!}

Courtney said...

I'm torn - I'm a UNC alum (who was in Chapel Hill during the last two titles - one as an undergrad and one as an employee) and my dad's a UK alum (you can imagine basketball season in our house!). I want to cheer for the Cats, but cannot until tournament time (and then only if UNC gets knocked out). But, I'm super excited for my dad and UK - as a usual powerhouse team, it's nice to see them back in the swing of things!