Friday, December 5, 2008

Amsterdam Bikes

For the last few months, I’ve been thinking about getting a bicycle. Hubby and I have said we ought to bike more with the kids, possibly getting baby seats for the adult bikes. But, our kids are quickly outgrowing that option. Our daughter rides a hand-me-down bicycle, given to her by the sweetheart-of-a-girl down the street. It has training wheels and she’s getting pretty good at riding it (I think it helps that they ride tricycles around the playground at preschool/daycare).

We have a mountain bike that once belonged to Hubby’s stepdad. It just needs a new tire and it should be good to go. But, I’m really drawn to Amsterdam and Townie bikes. I just think they look so cool. I love seeing those bikes with big wicker baskets on the front, although I don’t want to look like something out of the Wizard of Oz. Electra has some very cool offerings, but the prices are a bit steep. Schwinn has some sport and classic cruisers that a little more affordable.

So, here I am, in my mid-thirties, and I’m thinking of asking for a bike for Christmas. Some things never change.
Image courtesy of www.flee.com.

2 comments:

Pug1 said...

Cute post. I like the idea of the Amsterdam biking too. Just need to toss a loaf of bread, cheese and wine in that basket and off to the park!!!! What do you think??? CHEERS! Michele

JMW said...

That's the same image that comes to my mind! Very European.