Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Time for a new 'do

Well, I’ve been trying to grow my hair out for the last few months, going for a longer “bob” style. It’s not looking so hot these days.

I’m just very impatient when it comes to growing out my hair. I often wear it short because of my face shape and the fact I’m a little over five feet tall. Plus, I need a low maintenance ‘do for the mornings when I’m getting the entire crew ready to head out the door. But, every few years or so, I get the urge to grow it out and do something different. It never lasts, though. I get frustrated and return to a shorter style. Yes, it’s a vicious cycle.

I’ve pulled together some photos that I’m going to show my stylist this evening and we’ll see what happens. I really like Katie Holmes’ short look, as well as Winona Ryder in this particular shot. I also noticed that Katie Couric went back to a shorter hairstyle as well.

So, please forgive this somewhat superficial entry today. But, I know that many of you can relate to the trials and tribulations of bad hair days. If the hair’s not workin’ for you, forget it!

3 comments:

Pug1 said...

I struggle with wanting to cut my hair too....it's long and I'd like a new fresh look but I don't know what would look good on me! CHEERS! Michele

Jessi said...

Good luck...anxious to hear what you do. I have gone to a chin length bob and think I like the length (it was katie's first shorter cut).

Eloise said...

How did the haircut go? Hope you'll share a picture!