Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Frances Bean and the Earthquake

Can you believe that this is Frances Bean Cobain, daughter of Courtney Love and the late Kurt Cobain?  She looks like a 1940s film star.


What I can’t believe is that she’s 19 years old; which means I’m old. I remember listening to Seattle grunge music in college, of which Nivana and Kurt Cobain were the founding fathers. I also recall being not only baffled by Kurt and Courtney as a couple, but concerned that they had a child together. Oh, Lord, please watch over that child.

Well, Frances Bean has managed to keep out of the spotlight for most of her life (Courtney, I guess you did something right), only to now surface in a series of artistic photos by fashion photographers Hedi Slimane and Rocky Schenck. Frances Bean – fashion muse. Who knew?

In other random news, did anyone feel the earthquake yesterday? Those of us working on the 11th floor of my office tower certainly felt it. Shew! It was unsettling to say the least and we were several hundred miles away from the epicenter. I went home that evening and while opening the mail, saw our annual statement for our home and auto insurance. I had to laugh when I saw that we waived the earthquake coverage.

It’s Wednesday, friends. Onward and sideways.
Image by Rocky Schenck


And for the record, my headline for this post is not available for reprint. It's the title of my upcoming children's book. :)

4 comments:

Home Is Where the Hart Is said...

Oh my. Frances Bean? I'm old! I was in 6th grade when Cobain died. It was everyone's "current event" in class the next day. I'm officially over the hill.

Mise said...

How lovely she is, and she looks like Kate Winslet.

Renée Finberg said...

she does look like a 40's film star.
she is certainly a miracle.
don't you think?

Blue Turtle said...

I'm a big fan of Kurt and I can't believe that her daughter is a lady now. Her beauty is classical. I know Kurt is so proud of her.

J. Harp
writer @ Italian Chandeliers