Wednesday, September 16, 2009

From Kindergarten Tours to Tailgating

What's currently on our tailgating menu - food suggestions welcome.

Well, we're two tours down and one more to go on the kindergarten search. But, I think we've pretty much decided upon the school for our daughter and, of course, it's the one that will require switching parishes. But, it just felt right. I was happy with the size of the school, the curriculum, the theology and the overall feel. Like everyone said, you'll know a good fit when you find it and we certainly did. Thanks again to everyone who offered words of support. I greatly appreciate it! Here's hoping we're not placed on a waiting list...

Now, onto thoughts of food, drink and general debauchery, or as we call it in the South, tailgating at a college football game. I need to decide what we're going to bring with us down to Lexington on Saturday morning. Any suggestions on what will travel well for the one hour trip? Besides beer or bourbon? We're going to get down there early in the morning, since the game is at noon. I'd like to do something breakfast/brunch style. Anything that requires baking will need to be placed in a special carrier - hopefully it will stay warm for the trip. Recipes and general tailgating suggestions are welcome!

7 comments:

Samma said...

I posted 2 easy and yummy recipes the other day- http://spiceandsass.blogspot.com/2009/09/some-tailgate-recipes.html

Jessica Ryan said...

I'm thinking a couple of quiches... eggy... easy to serve and fine at room temp... perhaps some good sliced ham... love a good spiral ham... some good breads, mustards... salad -- toss in dressing at last minute... or fruit salad... pastries... there is a whole lot you can do. As for me, while I do enjoy a nice beer, if it's brunch I would *need* a mimosa or a bellini!

JMW said...

Mmm, mimosas sound delicious! Some Bloody Marys would be good, too. ;)

Jessica Ryan said...

oh yes a Bloody!!!! Mmmm I could go for one now!

Laura said...

I'm from South Texas so for a mid morning party, outside, before a game, I'd do breakfast tacos or fajita tacos, chips and salsa, chili con queso, margaritas, and the most delicious beer concoction you have tasted. It is called cerveza preparada.

Let me know if you want recipes.

Laura

Crissy said...

Devild Eggs, Potato Salad, and Shepards Pie! Yuuummmm!!!

jok said...

I am neither southern and not do I live in the south, but have been to a few southern football game tailgates. Always loved them! Pimiento cheese would be easy to transport. Also, what about some yummy ham biscuits? Maybe you could pick some up at a take-out place along the way instead of having to make them yourself? And, finally, what about a platter of chick-fil-a stuff?