Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What Would Audrey Do?

I'm having a devil-of-a-time finding a cute dress for some upcoming events this fall. To be honest, I haven't hit too many stores, because, well, I just don't have much time. I have been scouring the Internet, though, and I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in my old reliables, Ann Taylor and J. Crew. I'm just not digging the styles of dresses this season.

So, I have to pose the question: What Would Audrey Do?

Here's my dilemma: I have a wedding in early October followed by a birthday celebration at a restaurant the same night. The following week we're celebrating our anniversary at the Greenbrier, where dressing up for dinner is the norm. (I'm set for Keeneland - will be donning boots for that daytime event). I have black cocktail dresses, but I'm looking for something a little different; not too trendy, though. Classic, but unique. Which tends to always bring me back to black. I guess Audrey knew what she was doing.

I realize ordering online can be tricky, but I don't often have the time to scour the shops. Perhaps I just need to sliver out a few hours this weekend. So, Ladies (and, any gentlemen who may be readers - feel free to chime in), any luck with ordering dresses online and if so, what would you recommend?
Image courtesy of Sotheby's.

6 comments:

Samma said...

For classic flirty dresses with flait, I am a big Milly and Nanette Lepore fan, which can be found on sale normally at Saks, Bloomies, Neiman Marcus, or Nordstrom online. I know my size pretty well in their clothes, but I would pop in a local boutique and try something on.

A great way to look at a lot of online shops is shopstyle.com, then narrow your search by their various parameters.

Good luck!

EntertainingMom said...

if you don't find a new dress get a fabulous new necklace or earings.... something dramatic... something wow! And some new shoes. Accessories often are what make the dress anyhow. I'm a classic girl, myself and so I have a ton of old reliables I can count on. I would set asside some time this weekend, though.

Amanda Profumo said...

Wear one of your black dresses with a super awesome necklace from Stell & Dot- they have a black beaded necklace that I'm drooling over!!! You can wear it with fancy dresses or dress it up with a t-shirt and jeans.
I think I just talked myself into buying it...

FuchsFamily said...

Anthropologie has fabulous dresses that are very in for Fall! They range from a casual $100 up to $250. Lots to choose from and fantastic jewelry! Perfect for sipping Ale 8 & Bourbon!

Rita said...

Black with wonderful accessories.

Dharmendra Kumar said...

Flats in Chandigarh
Call:+919278892788

The flats for sale in Chandigarh is high on demand. A lot of individuals are showing their crucial concern in purchasing apartments in Chandigarh due to the quick increasing prospects of real sector in Chandigarh many of patrons are drawing their attention and luring towards the sale flats in Chandigarh.

Keyword:-
Flats in Chandigarh , apartments in chandigarh, flat in chandigarh, flats for sale in chandigarh

http://www.proptiger.com/residential-apartments-flats-chandigarh.php