Thursday, September 24, 2009

Style Icon: Coco Chanel


Oh, how I love Coco Chanel. Her iconic style lives on as the design house she built continues to create gorgeous clothing, with Coco’s aesthetic still very much present in today’s designs (thanks to Karl Lagerfeld).

Unfortunately, I don’t have a budget for Chanel, but I love to look at the clothes. Lately there’s been great focus on the life and times of Ms. Chanel, most notably with the film “Coco Before Chanel,” starring Audrey Tautou, the book The Gospel According to Coco Chanel, by Karen Korbo and an article in today’s New York Times Style section.

Chic and elegant, that is Coco Chanel.
Images courtesy of NPR and Amazon.

5 comments:

Samma said...

I started watching the Lifetime movie bio starring Shirley McClaine last night. I was expecting utter dreck, but I'm halfway through and enjoying it!

QueenBeeSwain said...

am so going to have to pick up this book- saving the article for tonight during commercials during the office :)

kHm

Chic Coles said...

I love Coco Chanel! I would love to have one of her bags, and I cannot wait to see her movie.

Laura Trevey said...

So Chic, indeed!!!

xo Laura
www.brightboldbeautiful.blogspot.com

A Refocused Life said...

I'm a chanel fan, too. I just ran across this quote and had to share -

"A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

How could you argue with that? I must get the book.