Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm dreaming of a white kitchen...





Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm not crazy (to put it lightly) about my kitchen. We moved into our current house five years ago and while it's a great house, the kitchen is outdated and lacking in space. We did take down the sad, old wallpaper a few years ago and painted the walls apple green with bright white trim, giving it a much happier look. And, we relocated a chandelier over the kitchen table to spruce it up a bit. We have some original artwork on the walls too, in an effort to modernize. But, until we come up with the funds to take a sledge hammer to it, it will continue to annoy me. So, I continue to add images to my kitchen binder in hopes that some day we can renovate.

The first two photos above I spotted on Camilla at Home, a great blog for home design ideas. The third one is a divine kitchen I found on Marley & Lockyer's blog - another fabulous blog for home design inspiration. If anyone has seen the film, "Something's Gotta Give," with Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson, that's the kitchen I want. I've read that that movie inspired many-a-kitchen, and it's easy to see why.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a great find those blogs were! thank you! warmly, -melanie-