Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Spain - On the Road Again


I recently signed up for Gwyneth Paltrow’s e-newsletter “Goop.” It’s a mix of fashion, food, travel, and lifestyle commentary. I’ve been an on-again, off-again fan of Ms. Paltrow. But, recently I got hooked on her PBS series Spain – On the Road Again, featuring Paltrow, chef Mario Batali, food writer Mark Bittman, and Spanish actress Claudia Bassols. After watching this wonderful program and hearing her speak flawless Spanish, I found Ms. Paltrow engaging. There were times during the program where she seemed a little ill at ease. The other three seemed to have so much more energy. But, the food and the scenery were amazing. There’s also a cookbook to accompany the series. So, I offer this as another recommendation for the foodie and/or traveler in your life.
Photo courtesy of spainontheroadagain.com

No comments: