Thursday, November 20, 2008

Turducken


After a long day and the kids finally in bed, Hubby and I caught part of the Paula Deen Thanksgiving special on the Food Network last night. I love me some Paula! I can’t decide what I like better: watching her prepare the food or watching her prepare the food in her fabulous kitchen. I covet her kitchen, and her entire home, for that matter. Last night, she prepared Turducken, which is a turkey stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken. A bit much, you think? Not at all! I’d love to attempt it, along with her recipe for sweet potato balls. They looked heavenly. Maybe I’ll try making the sweet potatoes before diving into a turducken. Given that I managed to burn my arm while making a simple apple pie a few weeks ago (don’t ask), that’s probably a good place to start.

Turducken - Gobble 'til you wobble!
Photo courtesy of http://www.pauladeen.com/

No comments: