Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Room of One's Own


In college I read Virginia Woolf's "A Room of One's Own," and I think I've been searching for that space ever since. An antique writing table, in a quiet room in an old home, with a window overlooking a lovely garden. I don't have that right now, but perhaps someday. I currently have my cubicle at work and an office I share with my husband at home, which also serves as a guest room. And the computer set-up at home couldn't be more user un-friendly. So, someday, I hope to have a place that will serve as a creative dwelling place, thus the inspiration for my blog title. We could all use a place to dwell. A place to sit quietly and dream.
By the way, this is a photo of Ina Garten's office in her renovated barn. Love, love, love Ina. A word to my hubby - her new cookbook would make a great Christmas gift!
Photo courtesy of House Beautiful