Thursday, July 23, 2009

Diana Krall


Did anyone catch Steve Inskeep’s interview with Diana Krall on NPR’s Morning Edition today? I love Diana Krall. I have several of her albums. In fact, I remember browsing at Joseph Beth Bookstore in 1995 or ’96 and coming across her CD. I had never heard of her before, but I gave it a listen and was hooked. It was a tribute to the Nat King Cole Trio. Now, whenever she releases a new album, Hubby always knows it would be a welcome stocking stuffer.

Krall just exudes cool; her music, her repertoire. She’s one cool lady. And, she’s married to one of Hubby’s favorites, Elvis Costello. That’s super cool. She’s also mom to twin two-year-old boys, which I think is pretty cool, too. Did I mention I think she’s cool?

Her latest album, Quiet Nights, is dedicated to Brazilian music, but with her quintessential twist on classic hits. I don’t think I can wait until Christmas to get this CD.
Image courtesy of www.npr.org.

7 comments:

Pinot after Playdates said...

East of the Sun is one of my favorites songs....love her!

Domestic Diva said...

Love this post..she is on of my FAVS!! I went to a dinner party and they were playing DK... thirteen years later... I still get chills when I hear her voice!!!
Sorry I missed the interview.
Have a fabulous day!!

QueenBeeSwain said...

Duh, you need this NOW- go get it! You'll be helping the economy too!

kHm

Kalee said...

I love Diana Krull!

LPC said...

Elvis Costello. My hero. Maybe I like his wife too.

Amanda Profumo said...

Love her (DK) too... go get the new CD, you deserve it!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

i LOVE diana krall!!