Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Guilty pleasure: Tori and Dean


So, it’s summertime and not much is on the tube right now. Many of us are spending time outdoors in the evenings, at the pool, exercising, reading, etc. But, when the day is done and the kids are in bed, sometimes we flip on the TV, just to see if any good summer programming has popped up. There are some good ones (Yeah, True Blood fans, I’m talking to you!), but often it’s certainly not highbrow entertainment. Yet, we get sucked in anyway.

Case in point: Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood. When this show premiered a few seasons ago, I scoffed at the thought of another actor attempting a reality show in hopes of reviving a career. And, I was even more judgmental about the well-known fact that Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott had left their respective spouses for each other. So, I wasn’t going to watch a show about a couple of home wreckers, right? (I know, shame on me.)

Well, surprisingly, I got sucked in and watched it. And, I continue to watch it. And, even bigger surprise, I found myself actually liking Tori Spelling. She was up front about her money problems, her family issues and how she and her husband met. Maybe it’s because we’re the same age and have toddlers, or because I used to watch the original 90210 on a regular basis. Either way, there’s some entertainment value inside this brain candy.

So, I’ve admitted to my guilty pleasure. Sorry if I disappointed anyone with my fluff viewing choice, but there are some days that’s about all I can handle after a full day of work and giving the kids a bath.

That’s okay, I’ll own it. I like Tori & Dean!
Photo courtesy of Oxygen.

7 comments:

kristy said...

Oh I've got several episodes too ... and I have to admit, I just love their house! You're not alone in this guilty pleasure!

Christy {SparklesandSpinach} said...

Omg, I was actually going to blog about this today! LOL. There was nothing on TV last night and I watched several episodes of the show. I have always liked Tori Spelling a lot, but now I LOVE her!! She seems like the nicest, down to earth person - even though she grew up loaded. I love the show!

Domestic Diva said...

Me too! It is so hard not to like her. I grew up with 90210. For the most part the two of them seem to really be in love. They are both actors and I think that helps the show...as they are pretty entertaining!!
xxx me

Beth Dunn said...

I love that show too. The only thing I question is they never seem to fight--or get on eachother's nerves. No one can be happy all the time. But I still watch it!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

I love Tori and Dean. No shame here! You should hear some of my guilty pleasures. ;)

Elizabeth said...

omg, so funny. i have a post saved that i haven't posted yet. the title is my guilty pleasure and it is going to be about tori and dean....so if i ever get around to posting it....i didn't copy;) i love this show and her too! she has such great style

Holly said...

me too. whole lotta crazy (in a good way)...