Friday, July 17, 2009

Hot Yoga

So, I’m taking my first Bikram yoga class tomorrow and I’m hoping I don’t have a stroke in the middle of it. It’s “hot” yoga where the temperature in the studio is quite high, in order to warm up your muscles and increase your heart rate for a cardio and strength workout. I’ve known a few people who’ve done it and just praise the benefits. In fact, a co-worker of mine has lost several pounds from practicing Bikram yoga and she looks amazing. She said she’s addicted to it!

A local hot yoga studio is having a special this month on classes, so I’m taking the plunge and trying my first class Saturday morning.

Have you ever tried Bikram or Hatha yoga? There’s also a regular Hatha class on Mondays and Wednesday in the building where I work, so I’m also considering trying that class as well. I would love to hear from folks who are into yoga or are trying yoga for the first time. Share your stories - let me know what you think!

It’s fabulous Friday, y’all – we made it through another week!
Image courtesy of Betsy's Hot Yoga Louisville

7 comments:

QueenBeeSwain said...

OOOh, you're in for a treat. You're going to feel so calm after Bikram. I get into these spurts of being really obsessed with it and go every other day when it's what I'm into.

The camel pose is my fav'.

Bring some water, but personally, slamming a ton of it during class just makes me feel icky. Oh, it can be rather, pungent, shall we say, but it's so worth it.

Own it!

kHm

Jo said...

A friend of mine LOVES hot yoga ~ she has been after me to try it with her. She drinks a ton during the day before she goes ~ she says it's a must. After the class she is totally relaxed for the rest of the night. She claims it's amazing.

Can't wait to hear what you think.

Jo

Amanda Profumo said...

I love hot yoga! Before 3 kiddos, I went 3 times a week. Once all of them go back to school in August, I'm starting again (once a week!) It's great- enjoy it!

Unknown said...

I want to be a yoga babe!!!!

Your blog looks fab.....looking foward to following you>

Best wishes from London, England!

Domestic Diva said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE BIkram Yoga. I have been doing it on and off for 15 years. It is what kept me at a size zero for many years. When drinking and eating was my favorite past time. It also didn't help me when I was trying for five years to have babies. I can't wait to start up again - once the girls are back in school.
Can't wait to hear all about it.
xxx me

Beth Dunn said...

I love yoga. It really helps me with my aches and pains. But it is hard! Have fun on Ommm xoxo

Jessi said...

I tried it once and enjoyed it...I've been travelling a bunch though so haven't bought any more sessions. Maybe I'll start back in the fall. Let us know what you think.