Saturday, July 11, 2009

Some dinner music...


Just finished making dinner for the kids, as I play the role of single mom this weekend. While they watched Toy Story 2 for the umptenth time (I know, I'm such a bad mom), I baked a chicken dish. So, to lift my spirits a bit, I played some Sam Cooke while cutting vegetables. I just love "Bring it on Home to Me." Gorgeous. gorgeous song. I also had to listen to some of the Garden State soundtrack and litte Peter Gabriel. To say my music tastes are diverse is an understatement. But, I guess when you grow up in a house where Motown and folk music are well revered, your music choices are likely to be eclectic, to say the least.

Sadly, I cannot make it to the Forecastle Festival tonight. Widespread Panic and the Black Crows are playing at the Belvedere in Louisville. Ugh. Last year we went and took in some cool tunes. I guess I'll have to count on next year.

By the way, if you happen to be in the area over the next month, be sure to catch Molly Rucks's exhibit at the Zephyr Gallery. She's our neighbor's daughter and is an amazing photographer (her photo is featured above). Since the gallery is close to where I work, I may head down there one day during lunch.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Molly Rucks photography courtesy of Zeyphy Gallery.

2 comments:

fleur de lis cottage said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours is great too. Sounds like we live in the same town.

Jo said...

Love your selection of music ~ we were taught to appreciate many different venues as well.

Sorry you weren't able to get out last night. I how that single mother thing can affect plans.

Enjoy your weekend ~
Jo