Monday, March 12, 2012

March Madness


Number one seed in the nation. First game at the arena across from my office. I about cried when I got the news.

Although my Kentucky Wildcats lost the SEC championship yesterday, we were named the number one seed going into the NCAA tournament. And, we play at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, which may as well be our home court. In addition, my brother's school, Murray State, is playing here and if Western Kentucky University wins Tuesday, they'll be fighting it out in Louisville as well.  So, great news for fans in the state of Kentucky, not so great for my commute. Oh, well. I'll deal with it.

Congrats to the Cats and Coach Calipari. It was an amazing season. Let's take the National Championship!

Did your team make it to the "Big Dance?" If so, who are you cheering for in the tournament?
Image from Libby - Facebook

4 comments:

Main Line Sportsman said...

Lehigh v. Duke in 1st round...I suspect my boys will have a fast exit.

JMW said...

MLS, I will be cheering for your Lehigh guys. Not only b/c it's your school, but my hatred for Duke runs deep. ;)

About Last Weekend said...

We are forever forever fans of the Warriors, basketball team in Oakland (my boys give a new meaning to the word obsessional). But they are hopeless really - imagine getting rid of Jeremy Lin?

teresa-bug said...

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!