Monday, March 19, 2012

Sampling The Samples

For those of us who were in college in the early-to-mid 1990s, you may remember the Colorad-based band The Samples, led by singer Sean Kelly. Great sound. One of my favorite songs of theirs was "Who Am I." Beautiful tune.


I think they made a stop or two in Lexington when I was at UK and along the way, they opened for some big bands on tour, including Dave Matthews and Phish.

So, Saturday night we attended a St. Patrick's Day party at the home of some friends. Our kids have gone to preschool and grade school together and there were LOTS of folks we know from school. Plenty of fun and, of course, plenty of NCAA basketball (Go CATS!). But, the highlight of the evening was when the hostess, Emily, surprised her hubby, Larry, with a live concert by Sean Kelly. In their living room. Holy cow. Before we had to head out to relieve our babysitter, he sang "Who Am I." It was an awesome experience.

Thanks, friends, for a memorable St. Paddy's Day.
Album cover from thesamples.com

1 comment:

northsidefour said...

What a dreamy evening, I love the Samples! So happy to hear of them all these post college years later, thank you!