Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Channeling Margot


For some reason, this faux fur from kate spade reminds me of something Margot would have worn in "The Royal Tenenbaums." I love this look, as well as this one:

I really need to watch that film again. Hubby gave me the DVD for Christmas one year. So wonderfully quirky. Wes Anderson is a favorite of mine. He always casts Bill Murray so perfectly in his films.  

Hmmm, now that I look at a still shot from the film, how fun would this be for a Halloween costume?? We're going to a costume party at our neighbors' house on Halloween weekend and as of right now, Hubby and I are planning to be Mia Wallace and Vincent Vega from "Pulp Fiction." All I need is a wig at this point. If we went as members of the Tenenbaum family, though, not sure everyone would get it. Still, the outfits would be fun.

Any costume parties for you this year? If so, what creative ideas do you have in store?
Images from kate spade and lavieboston

5 comments:

Ella said...

We're planing a party for everyone at my work and we have just decided that the theme is going to be "Bad taste" (My colleague has done an awful invitation of used paper with the English words BAD TASTE) So I'm looking forward to find a costume to that evening.

Anonymous said...

OMG that is a great costume idea - actually both are great, but I love Margot!

I am going to be Mrs. Roper!!!!! How funny is that???

AEOT said...

I posted about the same jacket. Totally in love with it (just can't handle the price!!)

Renée Finberg said...

do it!!!
get the fake fur and you will be even more fabulous!

xxx

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

Ohhhh, I really love that top faux fur. I, too, am a huge Wes Anderson fan. This is really such a coincedence because I've been invited to a friend's Haloween party where she wants us to wear masks but not a full costume. I started looking at ald pics of Truman Capote's Black & White Ball for inspiration. Somehow I also came across an awesome pic of a couple who wore fox masks as they were dressed like the couple in The Fantastic Mr. Fox. He was wearing a khaki suit, she a yellow dress. Isn't that awesome?!

As for the Dallas show....ugh. It's the worst. Maybe one day they'll shoot something here w/o going the stereotypical route. The cast of characters really give the city a bad name. Of course, since it's such a small world...my sister went to school w/ one of their sisters, my co-worker's daughter went to school with one of them, etc. etc. There is no substance so I'm shocked that they are filming season 2 right now.