Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Is it Friday Yet?


Yeah, I'm having one of those mornings. I feel like I've run a thousand miles before even heading out the door.

But, after leaving Casa de Chaos to drop the kids off, I took a deep breath and asked God to slow things down a bit and allow me a quiet work day. No more frazzle. So, as I was exiting the elevator in the parking garage, I saw the semi trucks in front of the arena across the street, with Taylor Swift's giant face staring at me. Yeah, God was having a good laugh.

This means that thousands will be invading downtown for her concert this afternoon. And, remember that bridge situation I was moaning about a few weeks ago? Yeah, that hasn't been fixed. So, I'll be enacting Plan "Get-the-Hell-Out-of-Dodge" later today.

Really, though, I'm not having that bad of a day. Just a bit tired and coming off a cold. Feeling much better and even went for a run last night. So, thanks for hanging in there while I rant a bit. Because, I know I can do that a lot. :)

Hope everyone has a great week. And to my Canadian friends, happy belated Thanksgiving!
Image of Maxine from Hallmark

8 comments:

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

SO funny! Hope everything gets better!
Teresaxoxo

Main Line Sportsman said...

Off topic...and go ahead and rant my dear....but I saw a piece on Diners/Drive Ins and Dives about the Parkette Drive In in Lexington....looked awesome....do you guys go there?

preppyplayer said...

Because,( I don't know why), I consider you a NY girl,
( maybe it is the breakfast at tiffany's profile pic) I had a mini panic attack while first reading your post!
i am about to go into NYC for business a lot later than usual and was worried about traffic. At first I thought, "oh No! Taylor Swift!" Then I remembered that you are a southern girl!
I hope we both don"t hit traffic today. Taylor or no Taylor!

preppyplayer said...

I have to layoff using so MANY exclamation points.

JMW said...

MLS, I had heard of the Parkette when I went to school in Lexington, but have never been there. Clearly, I've been missing out and will have to visit at some point.

PreppyPlayer, your post cracked me up because I have been mistaken for a New Yorker! Maybe it's my snarkiness in written form that makes me come off as a seasoned New Yorker? Too funny. :)

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

Ugh! That bridge! I hate it for you that you're in the midst of all that. I don't see how they can just do nothing and CLOSE a bridge with no plan. DO SOMETHING. Drives me crazy. It's not like there are all that many other options for people...argh

JMW said...

Correction on my last remark...I have NEVER been mistaken for a New Yorker. Not there's anything wrong with that. On more than one occasion, when out of town, I've been asked if I'm from Texas.

LPC said...

I am somehow sure you will handle any additional Taylor Swift chaos, quite well:). With Southern charm, even.