Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Do You Have Your Pumpkin?

Our pumpkins were picked from the patch on Sunday and now adorn our front porch. One lucky pumpkin will be carved and welcome ghosts and goblins Halloween night.

These days, carving pumpkins has well surpassed the scary face/happy face images we used to place on pumpkins as kids. There are kits, paint and special carving implements to help you create a pumpkin masterpiece.

How do you decorate your pumpkins? Traditional? Avant garde? Here are a few of my favorites from Southern Living magazine.


Dear Great Pumpkin,
I am looking forward to your arrival on Halloween Night. I hope you will bring me lots of presents.
- Linus

5 comments:

Ella said...

Thanks for showing some other examples than the traditional. I think I will do something different this year

Town and Country House said...

We have always let our children each choose a pumpkin and then its design. A couple of years ago our younger son was obsessed with the Florida Gators and decided he would carve the team logo into his pumpkin. After a few trips to the local gourmet cooking store to buy some serious carving tools, I now strongly encourage traditional designs! Have fun with your little ones!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

We used to have a contest in my family but we decided to not do it this year. I think we're all running out of ideas and time. So we have uncarved ones everywhere and it was fun for Stella to pick out all the baby ones.

Beth Dunn said...

Love pumpkins! I had husband carve our monogram one year. Martha has a lot of cute ideas too!
xoxo
SC