Friday, April 10, 2009

Congrats, Little Brother

Congratulations to my brother who graduated from the police academy today! He has been preparing for this day for a long time and we're all so very proud of him.

We trekked down to Richmond, Ky. so we could be there for the morning ceremony. The kids had a blast staying in the hotel and I enjoyed traveling through Central Kentucky, an area of the state that I love (all those gorgeous horse farms). It was a very moving day, seeing my brother in his uniform, and seeing all of the tradition and honor that involves being a police officer. I greatly admire the young men and women who enter into such service. They are out there protecting us and I am grateful to them. There were five members of the class who have also served in the military - again, I am honored to be in their presence.

On the way home this afternoon, I passed a church that was displaying three crosses and it brought to mind the solemnity of the day. I hope all of you who celebrate Easter have a blessed weekend.

2 comments:

QueenBeeSwain said...

congrats little bro and what a day to have that ceremony take place (symbolically)! he'll be in my thoughts and prayers and the world is a safer place because of him!

kHm

Elizabeth said...

Oh, you were exactly where I work. I work in the Funderburk building. I'm sure you saw it. Congrats to your brother!