Friday, May 6, 2011

Derby Day - It's Almost Here!


Here's a sneak peek of what will be adorning my head tomorrow - what do you think?

After I blogged about the odd line-up of celebrities that are attending or have attended the Derby, I had a funny thing happen yesterday. I was at the nail salon having a pedicure and everyone was talking about Derby, of course. The lady sitting next to me was quite the Chatty Cathy, so she just had to share what happened to her husband while he was shopping for a tie that afternoon at Von Maur department store. Apparently the young sales woman was providing him with a variety of options, many in pink, which he didn't like. Then, a random blond woman jumped in and started picking out ties for him, telling him he would look good in pink. He wasn't sure what to think, but apparently just went with the flow as two women tried to pick out his Derby attire. When he finally went to purchase the tie, the sales woman said, "You know who that was, right?" The man said, "No, should I?" The sales woman said, "That's Kate Gosslin. You know, 'Jon and Kate Plus Eight?' The man still didn't know who she was, so he had to call his wife and get the scoop.

So, that's how life is here in Derby City, it's like a weird little game of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Today is the Kentucky Oaks, the Running of the Fillies. For those who are going, have a great time.

Happy Derby! May the sun shine bright on my old Kentucky home, at least until the winner crosses the finish line. I can't have rain touch the new hat - that would NOT be good.

And Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there. Enjoy your day on Sunday - your deserve it!
Image property of JMW - A Place to Dwell

11 comments:

Ella said...

That hat will be just perfect for you!

ALR said...

Happy Derby Eve! I hope you and Kate don't have the same outfit:) Have a great time, love your hat and Happy Mother's Day!
xx
Amy R.

Tote said...

That story is so funny! I love your hat. I am sure you will look awesome. Have a wonderful time!

Susan

pittsburghprepster said...

Absolutely LOVE YOUR HAT! This is a hilarious story! Have an awesome time!

Danielle said...

Love the hat! I can't wait to hear of your Derby sightings!

Elizabeth said...

Love it!

Kerr said...

Gorgeous hat. Enjoy!

bevy said...

Love the hat! Looks similar to the one (in cream) that I wore last weekend

Sandra said...

Love your hat! Gorgie. I Love that he didn't know who Kate was. :-) Happy Mother's Day! Come over and sign up for my giveaway! XOXO

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love your hat and that is too funny about your husband meeting Kate!

Tessa said...

Rain or not you'll be looking pretty in pink! Happy Derby Day!! AND Happy Mother's Day! Expecting nothing short of a full report, celebrity sitings included, on Monday! :)

Tessa