Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Future is Bright

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
 
- Dr. Seuss

I recently took this snapshot of my daughter before her dance recital. I love the image of this little ballerina, who still small, has already grown so quickly. I need to stop myself sometimes and soak in these little moments in time and relish them for all they are worth. Because soon, I’ll be snapping photos of prom, graduation, a wedding…it all goes by so quickly, as our own parents can attest.

Many of you out there will be celebrating your child’s graduation this month. Cheers to your children and all that they have achieved. Best wishes to them as they start an amazing new journey. And, congratulations to you, parents, for raising great kids and getting them to this point. They couldn't have done it without you.
Image property of JMW A Place to Dwell

11 comments:

LPC said...

As the mom of a former little ballerina, I thank you for this photo.

James said...

Oh my goodness, if you could bottle that cuteness you'd make a fortune.

preppyplayer said...

Adorable, precious little dancer :)
I am impressed that you, with small children, already understand and "get" how fast it all goes.

None of us remember how clean our house was or how quickly we did errands- most of us choose to remember those lazy, hazy days playing with our kids!

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

i need a tissue now...tearing up.

About Last Weekend said...

Lovely, simple sweet photo. Yes you are so right, my son is off to High School next year and that little lad now has bigger feet than his Dad. Where did those years go?

The Southland Life said...

How adorable!!!

Ella said...

So very very true! Even if I think it's amazing that they grew and learn all the time I also want to stop the time sometimes if I could....

Main Line Sportsman said...

My oldest daughetr is about to graduate from High School and I still remember putting her on the bus for Kindergarten like it was last week....you are smart to savor the moments and thanks for sharing them.

highheeledlife said...

What an adorable photo!! Memories in the making..xo HHL

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

What a cute photo! I remember my ballet days!

bevy said...

Love the swayback stance of little girls... :)