Tuesday, May 10, 2011

To My Mom

With all of the hoopla of Derby this past week, I neglected to take the opportunity to recognize my mom in this forum and to wish her the happiest of Mother's Days.

The kids showered her with gifts (more like pushed them upon her with great force, excited to help her unwrap the present as quickly as possible) on Saturday, while she and my dad spent part of the day with them.

In honor of Mother's Day, I am including a photo of two women who had a big influence on my life: my mother and grandmother. Wow, I'm probably around my son or daughter's ages in this picture. My grandmother has been gone for several years now - miss you, Irma!


Thank you Mom, for everything.

Hope everyone had the chance to spend Mother's Day with the women who have nurtured and cared for you throughout your life. It's a special day, indeed.

And, because I have felt like a terrible mom in not planning properly for my son's birthday tomorrow, I'm going to take an early afternoon and get some shopping done for Little Man. Can't believe my baby is going to be four!

Have a terrific Tuesday, friends!
Photo property of JMW A Place to Dwell

5 comments:

About Last Weekend said...

What a wonderful picture. All of you look beautiful fabulous women, love old photos!

LPC said...

So cute.

Jill said...

Your young mom looks kind of like a brunette Reese Witherspoon! :)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

What a sweet post! You were such a little cutie!

Michelloui said...

This was lovely and such a sweet idea to include a photo with your grandmother as well.