Friday, May 13, 2011

Here and There

I would have posted earlier, but Blogger has been down with technical issues. I'm sure many of you were in the same boat, and if not, count yourselves among the more fortunate. (And it appears that all of the very nice comments you left about my son's birthday have disappeared from the previous post. Ugh, gotta love technology.)

We're winding up a busy week and heading into a very busy weekend with a soccer double-header and another birthday celebration. Can't. Keep. Up.

So, because my head is running in many different directions, here are some random thoughts to close out the work week.

Bridesmaids

The new film "Bridesmaids" is out today and it looks H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S.

I love Kristen Wiig, who not only stars in the film, but is one of the writers. She's joined by fellow SNL alum, Maya Rudolph. The New York Times gave it a rave review.  This looks like a must-see, especially for those of us who have donned a bridesmaid dress or two or five. 

From left to right, Maya Rudolph, Kristen Wigg, both from Saturday Night Live, and "The Office's" Ellie Kemper in the new comedy, "Bridesmaids." 

And speaking of "The Office," did you catch last night's episode? Very funny. Dwight + Firearms + Office = Bad Things. Can't wait to see who is hired as the new office manager. Could be the British actress seen in the promos, or perhaps one of their own will eventually fill the spot. Who knows. I already miss Steve Carrell, though.

Did you get the latest catalog from Lilly Pulitzer? It's about the size of a W magazine, so you can't miss it. (I also see these items via their daily emails, but there's something still nice about perusing through a lush, color catalog.) Lilly features some really cute clothes for summer that I'm dying to have.
Love the new Docksider Tote - very summer, very beachy, very pink and navy!


The Emily Crew Printed dress is nice, too. It looks super-comfy; something you can dress up or down. And, it's rare to find a Lilly dress under $100 (okay, $2 shy and, with tax, it'll bump you over $100, but I'm just sayin'). 

And last, but not least, you may have seen this on Facebook or received it in an email recently, but had to share this Disney-style comparison with the recent Royal Wedding. It gave me a chuckle.


TGIF, my friends. May you have a fun and restful weekend!
Images from Universal Pictures, Lilly Pulitzer, drewstuff.com

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Argh! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one having blogger issues.

I haven't seen the commercials for that movie but it sounds right up my alley. Now if I could just find the time to actually watch it!

Ella said...

I guess there are many bloggers writing posts tonight (for me it's Friday evening now).
I liked to reed about your random subjects!
Happy weekend!

bevy said...

Thank God its back up! Loved your multi post today!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I saw some of the cast of Bridesmaids on the Today Show yesterday- it looks hilarious, and apparently they're calling it the female version of The Hangover. I also had not seen that Royal Wedding-Disney comparison-- too funny!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I think that bag is so fantastic.. and the dress is cheery and summery.

I read a review of Bridesmaids...will be seeing that one for sure.

Happy to see you are back with your blog...
it was a frustrating day without the blogability that I have become accustomed to!

Renée Finberg said...

upon your recommendation...
i will have to see this flick!
xx

pve design said...

I guess we were all at a loss without blogger - so glad things are back and I hope you will pop over for a give-away. I am proud to say - I have started your artwork!
pve

Beth Dunn said...

It's getting great reviews. Can't wait to see it!
xoxo
SC

Jill said...

Ummm can't wait to see Bridesmaids. Looks hilarious!! I don't get the Lilly catalog..but then I've only placed one order so they must not deem me worthy enough just yet, haha :)