Monday, May 9, 2011

Kentucky Derby 137

A fun time was had by all on Derby Day. I didn't cash a single ticket, but still had a heck of a time! It's always great to spend such a special day among friends. No one around us had the winner, Animal Kingdom. That horse came out of nowhere. Oh, well. We'll certainly be cheering him on in the Preakness in two weeks.

Here's a sampling of the many photos we took that day. I'll have to add more as I gather them. And God bless our friend, D., featured here in the black and white dress. She's six months pregnant and made it out to Churchill for the full day. You're a trooper, girlfriend!


The weekend ended on a lovely note as we celebrated Mother's Day. Hubby and the kids brought me breakfast in bed and showered me with gifts. There is nothing better than Mother's Day gifts your kids make at school (Hubby, I love my earrings and Derby prints, too!) We enjoyed beautiful weather, as we sat on the deck and grilled out.

Ah, feet up, kids playing in the yard and Hubby cooking my dinner. Doesn't get any better than this!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. The next big milestone is our son's birthday - he'll be four on Wednesday. I better get cracking on this. It caught up with me fast!

Happy Monday, y'all!
All photos property of JMW A Place to Dwell

22 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Looks like you had a great day, breakfast in bed and the gifts kids have made at school, perfect! Janell

The Southland Life said...

what a fantastic weekend!

highheeledlife said...

What a fabulous you week-end you had. You looked absolutely gorgeous, love your outfit!! and how wonderful to be treated like royalty on Mother's Day ... looked liek you were wonderfully relaxed ... Happy week-- xo HHL

Anastasia Schembri said...

Wow, you look gorgeous!! I love that hat on you!
Glad to hear you had such a lovely weekend, I believe the sun is here to stay!! (I am crossing my fingers while I type that!-LOL!)

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Glad that you had a great weekend, Jen! Looks like fun was had by all.
Teresa
xoxo

Danielle said...

You look great in your hat! Sorry you didn't cash any tickets but at least you had pretty scenery and the rain held off for the most part.

Thanks for the reminder that I need to get a head start on my son's 4-year birthday party too! Good luck with yours.

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

What a wonderful way to spend the weekend! You looked adorable in your Derby attire!

Home Is Where the Hart Is said...

LOOOOOVE IT!!!!!
(Happy Mother's Day yesterday to you too!)

Ella said...

What a weekend!

Your dress and hat was fantastic and your company also looked gorgeous. Thanks for showing us what a Derby can be.

preppyplayer said...

Happy Mothers day! What a lively bunch you had at the Derby, love all the pics.
Dont you love such events as the Derby that you can count on to be there year after year?
PS love your hat :)

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

I am so jealous you got to go to the Derby...you looked fabulous! I can’t believe that they ran out of mint juleps…I have never seen them run out of Baled Eyed Susans at Preakness! xx

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

look how cute you are.:-)
looks like you had a wonderful weekend...
happy to stop by today and happy to see you at farmhouse kitchen, my friend

kary and teddy
xo

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

You look fabulous in your pink! Glad you had such a great weekend!

Jennifer said...

You look gorgeous! Love that hat...enjoyed watching on TV...was thinking of you! On TV they showed one man putting down $100,000 Cash!

A BBQ-the end of a great weekend. Happy Mother's Day!

James said...

Look at you girl, fantastic. And the Hubby and Stetson. Y'all be lookin' good!

Jo said...

You look fabulous ~ love the hat! What a great day out with friends and topping the weekend off with your little sweeties!

Jo

bevy said...

That hat is fabulous!!! So glad you had such a wonderful day at the Derby. A little side note: The Aikenite (from my town) won the Churchill Downs Stakes!

Elizabeth said...

gorgeous!

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

You look lovely! I am glad y'all had such a good time.

ALR said...

You looked so pretty in your pink! I can't believe Derby has already come and gone.

Courtney said...

So!Jealous!
Next year, hopefully, i'll be there!
:)

I SO wanted Pants on Fire to win. So much!

LPC said...

Happy Mother's Day!