Monday, May 23, 2011

It's Almost Pool Time

Can you believe that the pools open a week from today? Holy cow, where did this year go?


I'm ready for summer weather - beach towels, sun screen and lazy weekends at the pool. Our vacation is approaching as well, so I'm very much looking forward to taking it easy for several days.

And speaking of weather, God be with the residents of Joplin, Missouri. What a horrific event. We were fortunate to only have had heavy rain and winds where I live. Although, the power is out at my son's preschool, so I'm working from home while Little Man hangs out at the house for the day. Here's hoping that the bad weather is gone for a while, although there is more rain in the forecast.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We finished soccer season and spent a lot of time working in the yard. It was amazing to actually see the sun!

Happy Monday, friends!
Image from Standard Country Club

9 comments:

Danielle said...

One of our neighborhood pools opened this weekend and it just didn't seem possible that it was that time already! It's nice to have the warmer weather though, so I'm not complaining.

Ella said...

Saw the news from Joplin and it's unbelievable what damages the tornado can make. We thought it was windy here on Saturday, but now I have changed my mind about that...

Have you been close to a tornado?

Karen Roderick said...

Pool time! Sounds wonderful! Here's to the summer xx

Jo said...

I'm more than a little ready for some sunshine! It's been rainy and cold here ~ keeping my fingers crossed for the weekend :) The devastation is just horrible and they are saying more storms are heading their way ~ my thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Jo

Beth Dunn said...

I'm ready for summer too, but I wish the weather would simmer
xoxo
SC

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I can't wait for serious pool time once I'm done with summer school!

pve design said...

How fun, fond memories of pool time as a child, and now as a parent, swim meets, sunscreen, and staying cool...
Enjoy the long weekend.
pve

LindsB said...

I wish we could get some Spring weather around Boston- I hate that it goes right from Winter to Summer with none of that cool Spring air :)

JMW said...

Ella, I have been close to a tornado, the worse hitting our town when I was just a baby, so couldn't remember it. But, over the years, there have been many storm seasons where we either gathered in an interior bathroom (when we didn't have a basement) or in the basement. More bad weather to come tonight, I'm afraid. The family and I will likely be spending more time in the basement.