Monday, May 30, 2011

Seeking Technical Assistance

Okay, blogger, friends, I need your help...has anyone been experiencing issues with trying to comment on other blogs only to have "Anonymous" appear, rather than your Blogger profile name? I am not sure why this is happening, because I am signing in to Blogger to create a post on my own blog, as well as comment on your wonderful blogs. But, for some bizarre reason lately, it won't let me leave comments under my blog name.

I've tried to troubleshoot this via Google Blogger and, well, that's no help. Talk about user UN-friendly. I'll keep trying to figure this out, but if anyone out there knows a solution, I'd be forever grateful if you'd share it with me.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day, my friends. I hope to be able to comment on your fabulous blogs soon!

9 comments:

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I just spent a half of a day saving all of my post to date and my followers list. I don't know what is going on lately.
Did someone buy out Blogger, or do they have new people. I don't know what is going on.
Happy Memorial day!
Terea
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I saw a similar lament + solution posted on this blog, read the comments and follow the leads suggested:

http://acquiredobjects.blogspot.com/2011/05/help.html

JMW said...

Flo, you are a gem! I followed that link and read through the comments. It appears that if I uncheck "Keep me logged in," I can leave comments and my blog name will appear. Although, if I want to post a blog post on my own blog, I have to recheck the box. Oh, well. Whatever it takes. Until I decide to pay for a blogging service, I guess I'm at the Blogger's mercy. Thanks again! :)

pve design said...

I too had this happen but it seems to be all better now.
Hope your weekend did not involve any other assistance! It can be very frustrating...this bloggity-blog trouble.
pve

Tote said...

Having the same trouble! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.


Susan

highheeledlife said...

Happy Memorial Day my friend...

I you are not alone in the Blooger challenges .. I know not a solution... I heard somewhere that Google had bought out Blogger ..so that may explain so of the challenges .. probably transition learning pains; again not that it helps us much. I have encountered similar challenges, after commenting and posting it- something goes wrong and an error message pops up .. and what I wrote is gone. I'm trying to remember to copy what I wrote in the comment before hitting the post button...hope they figure it out soon..xo HHL

Renée Finberg said...

yes yes yes

i just got back my ability to comment.
my blog was all crazy for days.

xx have a nice weekend

Metropolitan Mum said...

Nope. But then I am usually on wordpress anyway... xx

Amanda Profumo said...

YES! I have had the same problem for a week now... I am going to follow "Flo's" suggestion link, hope it helps! Thanks for posting this!!!