The oh-so-lovely Queen Bee Swain has honored me with the “Awesome Award.” You’re such a doll! So, I’ve been tagged to name seven awesome things about myself. Hmm, let’s dig a bit here.
1. I’m a mom to two amazing kids, ages four and two. There was a time that I never thought I could have children. I went through medical treatments, a miscarriage and we were even preparing for an adoption. Then, miraculously, I got pregnant. A couple of years later, it happened again. That’s pretty awesome.
2. I am married to the man of my dreams. A funny, intelligent and driven Southern Gent, Hubby is an incredible father, a great debater and can grill a mean hamburger! Don’t tell him this, but I even like the fact that he likes to enjoy a good stogie on the back porch now and then.
3. I write for a living. As an English major who ate my share of Ramin noodles and worked at a non-paid internship at the local PBS affiliate during college, who would have dreamed that I would now be working as a business writer and making a comfortable living at it?
4. When I worked for a performing arts organization years ago, I once had to drive actor Bruce McGill (best known as D-Day from “Animal House”) to a radio interview. He told me I had the straightest teeth he had ever seen. This coming from a Hollywood actor! I called my parents and thanked them for my years of orthodontics.
5. I spent a glorious 10 days in Ireland on my honeymoon – one of the most beautiful and magical places on earth. Going to the Aran Islands and standing on a cliff overlooking the ocean is a religious experience.
6. I have a skill for mimicking accents and impersonating people. It tends to bring a smile to someone’s face, and I like making people laugh.
7. I’m a Kentucky girl with a degree from the University of Kentucky – enough said.
I think if we can find the “awesomeness” in our everyday lives, that’s something special. So, I now bestow the “Awesome Award” to these fabulous bloggers:
A Bloomsbury Life
A Savannah Redtop
Fly Through My Window
Life with Lulu
Sugar City Journal