Tuesday, May 12, 2009

'Awesome' Award


The oh-so-lovely Queen Bee Swain has honored me with the “Awesome Award.” You’re such a doll! So, I’ve been tagged to name seven awesome things about myself. Hmm, let’s dig a bit here.

1. I’m a mom to two amazing kids, ages four and two. There was a time that I never thought I could have children. I went through medical treatments, a miscarriage and we were even preparing for an adoption. Then, miraculously, I got pregnant. A couple of years later, it happened again. That’s pretty awesome.

2. I am married to the man of my dreams. A funny, intelligent and driven Southern Gent, Hubby is an incredible father, a great debater and can grill a mean hamburger! Don’t tell him this, but I even like the fact that he likes to enjoy a good stogie on the back porch now and then.

3. I write for a living. As an English major who ate my share of Ramin noodles and worked at a non-paid internship at the local PBS affiliate during college, who would have dreamed that I would now be working as a business writer and making a comfortable living at it?

4. When I worked for a performing arts organization years ago, I once had to drive actor Bruce McGill (best known as D-Day from “Animal House”) to a radio interview. He told me I had the straightest teeth he had ever seen. This coming from a Hollywood actor! I called my parents and thanked them for my years of orthodontics.

5. I spent a glorious 10 days in Ireland on my honeymoon – one of the most beautiful and magical places on earth. Going to the Aran Islands and standing on a cliff overlooking the ocean is a religious experience.

6. I have a skill for mimicking accents and impersonating people. It tends to bring a smile to someone’s face, and I like making people laugh.

7. I’m a Kentucky girl with a degree from the University of Kentucky – enough said.


I think if we can find the “awesomeness” in our everyday lives, that’s something special. So, I now bestow the “Awesome Award” to these fabulous bloggers:

A Bloomsbury Life

A Savannah Redtop

Fly Through My Window

Halfway House

Life with Lulu

Kentucky Mama

Sugar City Journal

4 comments:

Beth Dunn said...

I've always wanted to go to Ireland. It looks beautiful. Hopefully soon. xoxo

emily mccarthy { designer } said...

Thank you SO much! I'm honored!

Lisa Borgnes Giramonti said...

Wow. I'm speechless...a million merci's...this made my day!

Domestic Diva said...

Way to go getting the AWESOME AWARD...love to send you an invite to my blog! Contact me and I will send one your way.
xxxx me