Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Design Consultation


I saw this kitchen sink over at the Newlywed Diaries and just had to “borrow” the image. How fab is this sink from Kohler? This will definitely be filed in my kitchen idea book.

Speaking of ideas, for Mother’s Day, Hubby gave me a consultation with an interior decorator. This is something I’ve wanted for some time – a decorator to come into my home, provide her input on what could be done, offer tips, suggestions, etc. I just need to call her to schedule a time – I’m soooo looking forward to this!

But, I’m a little nervous, too, because I have this fear that she’ll judge my home, thus in a way, judge my taste. I know, irrational, huh? It’s just that we’re not wealthy people and therefore I’ve tried the best I can with what we have, but our home is far from a design showcase. I have the vision, it’s just hard to put it into place when the resources aren’t always available. I know, I shouldn’t complain, but I think we all have felt this way one time or another. So, rather than look at the glass half empty, I need to look at it half full and just be excited about this great gift that Hubby has given me. I’ll keep you posted on how it goes.

Happy Wednesday everyone! (And, for any fellow “Lost” fans, tonight is the season finale. Enjoy!)
Photo courtesy of Kohler

2 comments:

QueenBeeSwain said...

I think it sounds like a great gift and just look at your time with her like you would the hairdresser- she's there to help you make things easier and make them more visually plesant- she's seen it all and if your home is as lovely as you are, you've got no need to fret!

kHm

Domestic Diva said...

I a sure your house looks fabulous...as it is filled with love! That is such a great gift.
Have a great day! xxxxx me