Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Seaside Beach Towel


Okay, I’ve climbed down from yesterday’s soapbox and now I’m onto happier topics: beach towels! Yes, just as my blog states, it’s the little things that should make us happy. I don’t know what it is, but I like the look of colorful towels hanging from clothes lines behind beach houses, or strewn across the sand waiting for families to return from playing in the surf.

So, if you’re in the market for good beach towels, I highly recommend the Seaside Beach Towel from L.L. Bean. I purchased the lobster and fish designs last year and found them to be the BEST towels. They’re extra-long, so you’re legs aren’t hanging off of them in the sand (unless you’re just a really tall person), and they’re really absorbent. I ordered two more for this summer, so the sand dollar and sea turtle designs are in the mail.

Another reason I love beach towels is that they signify the return of warm weather, which means vacations and weekends at the pool. Yea!
Images courtesy of www.llbean.com.

4 comments:

Domestic Diva said...

I love those towels. Don't you just love the summer.. I just posted about it too. I just wish all this horrible weather would stop. Have a fabulous evening!
xxxx me

M said...

I'm afraid I don't share your enthusiasm for summer at all. Summer is endless for people like me who live in a tropical island near the equator.

It's a struggle to enthuse about summer when the island's mean daily temperature hovers around 34 degrees C (about 93 degrees F) with an exceedingly high humidity 24/7 every day of the year.

I often long for a change/break from this unremitting heat and humidity.

JMW said...

M, I guess if I lived near the equator, that would be an entirely different story. Our recent winter, though, was miserable. Gray skies, an ice storm where many people lost power for several days, along with tree damage, and long periods of being cooped up inside. So, I'm so ready for sunny days.

But, talk to me in late August and I may be singing a different tune!

sophiedahydesigns said...

Love the towels!! WE have had so much rain here though that it is hard to think about spending time at the pool.