Thursday, May 14, 2009

Let the Countdown Begin

Three weeks from this Friday, the fam and I will be leaving on a jet plane and heading to the Outer Banks. How excited am I? Hubby and I desparately need to get away and enjoy some "slow living." No agenda, no set plans; just getting up, eating breakfast, heading out to the beach, eating lunch, napping, more beach, cocktails, more eating, sleeping and the list goes on.

Ah, I can hear the ocean now...

So, dear readers, what are your plans for the summer? Any special getaways on the horizon?

5 comments:

Domestic Diva said...

Ok.. the Outer Banks sound amazing! Wishing you many afternoons of peace. We will do our usual Ocean Reef. I am counting down the days. I love summer.
Have a great day!!

xxxx me

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Thank goodness I now know what OBX means. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that around town and tried forever to figure out what town or area it was.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

P.S. One novel I really enjoyed was Anne River Siddons "Outer Banks"....

alison giese Interiors said...

Ha! Love seein' that sticker! We're native Texans, but we lived in north-eastern NC for two years before we moved down to Brazil.
I remember when we first moved up there, thinking what the heck is OBX all about? Now, the site brings back nice memories of our lovely home there. :)

LindsB said...

I'm so jealous!! For 10 years my family and I would spend 1-2 weeks down in Corolla, I love it down there. I cant wait to start the tradition over agian with my BF.

Thanks for the sweet comment today, and have a great time on vacation!!