Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Branding of a Family


Check out this article in today’s New York Times Style section about the Novogratz family of New York. They’re the focus of Bravo’s next reality series to launch in early 2010, and from what little I’ve learned so far, it could make for some interesting TV. Mom and Dad have model-good looks and renovate spaces throughout the city with fabulous modern décor, all-the-while raising seven kids (including two sets of twins). You know, a version of your own life, but on crack.

Anyway, like the “Real Housewives” series – which I’m ashamed to admit that I watch here and there, like a bad train wreck – I’ll likely tune in to the Novogratz’s show. Yes, there’s something a little creepy about turning your family into a brand of sorts, which the NY Times article addresses. Hey, then again, maybe my family should get in on the act – pitch a reality series, film our every move, with hopes of schlepping Coca-Cola, Pampers and other products to willing consumers. Ah, the American dream. Nah, I’ll stay away from that train wreck, thank you.
Photo courtesy of The New York Times

1 comment:

kristy said...

I am guilty of watching the Realhousewives too ... It's just so hard "not" to watch! They are all crazy!