Thursday, May 28, 2009

Design Consultation


Well, I received my Mother’s Day present last night: a design consultation with Casey, an interior designer and old friend of Hubby’s family.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was nervous leading up to this, because I was worried that she would think I've made poor decorating choices and basically judge me based on the appearance of my home. (Can you say self-esteem issues?) But, due to young children in daycare and other financial commitments, updating our home has been a slow task. So, at least we’re moving forward.

Casey was so nice and had some great ideas for reconfiguring certain rooms, updates that could be made and so on. She’s going to share several resources with me, many that are low-cost, such as a woman who does upholstery in her home, as well a plantation shutter company that is very reasonable. She’s also going to share the names of several kitchen planners so we can start discussing options, such as cosmetic touches versus a complete overhaul.

So, next week she hopes to have an entire plan outlined for us and we can then decide what projects to tackle first. Yea!
Photo courtesy of Arhaus Furniture, Songbird Series

9 comments:

Under this Umbrella said...

How exciting. I so want to do that in our new house. Keep us posted on her ideas and your updates as you do them.

LOVE the chair! Have a great day!

QueenBeeSwain said...

hooray! I knew she'd be a dear and have lots of great ideas on how to make your house *work* for you- you must be so excited!

kHm

nomo wino daph said...

How fun & exciting!

I LOVE that chair!!!!

Domestic Diva said...

That is super exciting! I love that chair..can't wait to see the pictures!
Have an extraordinary weekend!
xxx me

Tara said...

That sounds like fun! I'm loving that chair, too!

Pug1 said...

Come by my blog I'm back and having a GIVEAWAY!!!!! CHEERS! Michele

Haven and Home said...

I find that many of my clients feel the same way. Don't worry, she is not there to judge. I can't see what she suggested!

Unknown said...

what a darling chair...i'd love someone like casey!! warmly, -melanie-

Unknown said...

i feel so forward asking but might i have casey's contact info? info@melaniemauer.com...i'm itching for a living room redo :) warmly, -melanie-