Thursday, December 3, 2009

Going to my happy place...


I need a vacation. The last couple of days I’ve dealt with meltdowns and tantrums, and don’t even get me started on how my kids have behaved! ;)

Yesterday I took my daughter to get a flu shot (Little Guy already had one, due to his age – our pediatrician’s office was rationing for particular age groups). She had a complete fit, screamed, kicked – it wasn’t pretty. I was sweating by the time we left the office. Thank God the office had restocked their supply of lollipops.

Then, this morning, traffic was horrible (please finish the road construction near my house, please!), I had to stop for gas and then once we got to preschool, the outbursts began. Little Guy wanted to open the door first, but Miss E. pushed her way in front. I’m trying to run interference and not completely lose it at the same time. We’re carrying coats, ballet gear and extra underwear for Little Guy, who is potty-training. Yeah, that’s been a fun process. He has another meltdown because he wants to go to a particular bathroom, not the one I choose. Ugh, Calgon take me away!

Now I know why so many parents are sprinting out the door of the preschool each morning. It’s not that they're in a hurry to get to work so much as it’s running as fast as they can to make a clean getaway from the kids.

No, I love my kids. But, many of you know where I’m coming from. I just need to go to my happy place for a little while and decompress.

Happy Thursday, everyone. We’re almost there!
Image courtesy of Photo Bucket

5 comments:

Eloise said...

You do deserve a getaway! I hope you have something fun and relaxing planned soon. Good luck with that road construction!

Emily said...

I can't wait til Friday! That place looks yummy...hang in there, you'll be able to go one day! x LZ

Jessica Ryan said...

I know where you are coming from, I know!

LPC said...

I remember those days well.

Jo said...

Can I come with you? Please!

Jo