Monday, December 28, 2009

Time to Return to the Real World


I’m back at the office today after more than a week’s vacation. No one is here, which is nice. I can get plenty of work done with little interruption. Most people like taking off the week between Christmas and New Year’s, but given that my kids aren’t in grade school yet, I can still take an earlier vacation in order to prep for the holidays. That will change when Miss E. enters kindergarten next year. But, for now, I’ll enjoy the solitude.

Just had to show you the watch Hubby gave me for Christmas from A. Tierney. I love the rectangular face and grosgrain ribbon band. Hubby said Ms. Tierney was super-nice and very responsive when he ordered it. (Apparently she was having a website glitch at the time and called him on the phone. Don’t you love great customer service?) As you can see, my grande Starbucks is also in the background. Had to grab my morning fuel or else I don’t think I could have made it from the parking garage to my office. Plus, it snowed last night and is quite cold, so winter welcomed me with full force on my first day back.

Oh, and to the oddball who left the bizarre PETA-esque comment on my “Peace on Earth” post yesterday: get a life. Please don’t use my blog as a platform for your wacky causes. There wasn’t even a connection there. Oh, and one more thing: Beef, it’s what’s for dinner. ;)

12 comments:

Jo said...

I love a little peace and quiet to catch up on "stuff".

Your new watch is fabulous! It's so nice to know that there is at least one company that still believes in customer service!

Jo

Unknown said...

Ha! Sorry, I got a bit of a kick from your snark.

Your watch is fabulous though, as was the nice touch by the proprietor of the shop. You really don't get that kind of service very often.

Have a lovely Monday!!

Meals by Misty said...

I love the watch. Santa forgot to bring me one. Maybe I wasn't as good of a girl and I thought I was :) Happy Monday!

bevy said...

Welcome back to the real world. My husband left this morning too. I have another week to procrastinate taking down my Christmas decorations. Dreading that...

QueenBeeSwain said...

love the watch and agree with you on the PTO with where you and your fam are in life right now- plus the hustle and bustle is just so much fun :) not to mention that when no one is there you get twice the work done in half the time!

xoox

kHm

teresa-bug said...

Cute watch! I have a round one with the ribbon bands and love it. I need to get a battery in that thing....

Velva said...

Beautiful watch-Hubby did good.
I can totally relate to needing a Starbucks kick-in the morning.:-)
Happy New Year to you and your family!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

I too am sitting in the office enjoying the quiet time. Everyone around here is off, so I can enjoy catching up on all the blogs from the weekend.

Enjoy your quiet time!

Jessica Ryan said...

Adore the watch. I got a grosgrain watch from Talbots a few years ago. The bands are destroyed. Need to find some more. I love being able to change them with my moods! LOL

Your Beef comment made me LOL!

elizabeth avedon said...

Have a very great New Year in 2010!!

Stephanie said...

Usually I love being in the office when no one else is around. But at the moment I love my coworkers more ;) which I think is a good thing.
BODA weight loss

sanjeet said...

Your new watch is fabulous! It's so nice to know that there is at least one company that still believes in customer service!


Work from home India