Sunday, December 27, 2009

Peace on Earth Y'All


Christmas was wonderful - we are so blessed to have such loving and supportive families. My house is now in the post-Christmas state of unwrap with toys, paper and bows strewn everywhere. I need to clean it up, but then that means Christmas is truly over and that always makes me a little sad. But, because I'm a purist, our tree will stay up through New Year's, so at least I'll have the twinkling lights for another week.

By the way, for my fellow Southern gal bloggers, I forgot to mention one of my prized-purchases at the JLL Hollydays market a few weeks ago. One of the vendors was selling long-sleeve T-shirts from a company called Sweet Tea. I purchased a green one with a red globe on the front that said "Peace on Earth Y'all." It's so fabulous! My Mom bought one for herself and my aunt who now lives in South Carolina. Sweet Tea features a number of T-shirts with fun southern sayings. So, if you're looking for a fun gift for the Southern Belle in your life, check out Sweet Tea's line of shirts.

We're heading into the last week of 2009 - I hope it was a good year for everyone and here's hoping 2010 is even better!
Image courtesy of Sweet Tea T-shirts

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so good to hear your Christmas went well. Even though we're donating all of our Christmas goods with our move to Tokyo, I completely agree-it all stays up until the New Year. I enjoy the sparkling lights.

What an awesome t! I'm going to have to get a few before we make the big move in June...

Ange said...

My twinkly tree lights stay up all winter... But I take the rest down after New Year's too. Have to let Christmas leave for the New Year to take its place. :-)

bevy said...

We love Sweet Tea! We carry them in our shop. Great merchandise...

I will spend this week slowly taking down the decorations. It also makes me a little sad, but I am looking forward to an awesome 2010!

A Refocused Life said...

I'm not from the south, but I do love the little sayings my friend from South Carolina uses. I'll keep Sweat Tea in mind when I need a gift for her.

Vegaia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Haven and Home said...

I am glad to hear your Christmas was good! I always have a struggle between wanting to take things down and clean and keep them up through the New Year (which I do). Why does Christmas always fly by?